Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Just One Of Those Days

I sit behind my computer in search of a way to explain exactly how I feel today.
It's just one of those days...

I feel sad, even though I have two beautiful daughters and an awesome boyfriend.
I feel alone, though I have an amazing mother who never strays from my side.
I feel cold and hungry, though I have a roof over my head with food in the cupboards.
I feel hopeless, yet I'll forever preach that there's always hope.
I feel ashamed of the world I live in, but proud to be a Canadian.
I feel criticized as a mother, yet I always say I don't care what others think.
I feel disgusted over some people's lack of maturity and respect, though I allow them to remain a burden inside my head.
I feel at a loss of guidance, though my ears don't lack advice.
I feel lost for words, with so much to say.
I feel ugly inside and out, because it's days like today that the bad portion of me shows it's face.

Today I am letting life and it's hardships take it's tole on me. Every negative past experience has caught up and is now trampling me. I truly do feel guilty for complaining about life because "each day is a gift and not a given right". If I left this world today, on such a negative thought and feeling, I would never have closure. Life is meant to be lived and loved, not criticized and taken for granted. But just like a recovering addict, I too relapse sometimes. Everything I've worked so hard at, all of my morals and values, everything life stands for slips out of arms reach...just for a little while...resulting in days like today where I've fallen victim to insecurities and ungratefulness.

"No one said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it"

No comments:

Post a Comment